Weekend Getaway By The Sea

Jennifer Baldwin

Our Language and Culture group enjoyed an incredible weekend trip through some of the most picturesque places in Brittany. Our weekend journey took us through Vannes, Concarneau, Locronan, and the Château de Trévarez.

Our trip began with a guided tour in the charming town of Vannes. The sight of ancient city walls, half-timbered houses and narrow cobbled streets felt like stepping back in time. The architecture, with its colorful facades and intricate designs, was absolutely stunning.

We then headed to Concarneau, a beautiful coastal town known for its walled city, where we stayed the night. The students had a blast playing games on the shore and even dipping their toes in the Atlantic waters.

The next morning we traveled to Locronan, a village that is known for its beautifully preserved stone buildings. Some students chose to explore Saint Ronan’s Church in the heart of the village. Its grand architecture and peaceful interior provided a moment of reflection. Others visited various shops selling handcrafted goods and souvenirs.

Our final destination was the Château de Trévarez, a stunning castle surrounded by lush gardens. The architecture of the castle itself was breathtaking, with its red brick facade and ornate detailing. Some students spent their time exploring the expansive gardens, filled with vibrant flowers and  trees.

This trip was more than just a journey through beautiful locations; it was a chance to bond with friends, learn about French culture and history, and create memories that will last a lifetime.