Exploring Palma de Mallorca's Urban Art Scene

Paulina Molina

Greetings from Palma de Mallorca!

We had an amazing day exploring the vibrant urban art scene in the heart of the city. Our students embarked on a guided tour given by our fabulous PLs, discovering stunning works by local artists that bring the streets of Palma to life with color and creativity.

Our first stop was a mural by Joan Aguiló, whose art is known for its vivid depictions of everyday life in Mallorca. The students were captivated by his ability to transform simple scenes into thought-provoking pieces, each telling a unique story about the island's culture.

Next, we encountered the bold and dynamic works of SOMA. His abstract style and use of geometric patterns sparked lively discussions among the students about the interpretation of art and its impact on public spaces.

We then visited a vibrant piece by Zon, whose street art is characterized by its playful and whimsical nature. The students loved the bright colors and imaginative designs, which added a fun and uplifting energy to our tour.

Our guide also introduced us to Art is Life, an artist who uses their work to convey powerful messages about social and environmental issues. The students were deeply moved by the thought-provoking themes and the way art can inspire change and awareness.

Lastly, we admired a beautiful mural by Sonríe, whose name means "smile" in Spanish. True to their name, Sonríe's art radiates positivity and joy, leaving everyone with a smile on their face.

This urban art tour not only allowed our students to appreciate the incredible talent of Palma's local artists but also provided a unique and engaging way to practice their Spanish. They asked questions, shared their interpretations, and connected with the cultural heartbeat of the city.

We are thrilled to see our students embracing every moment of this journey and can't wait to share more of their adventures with you.