Exploring Occitan Life in Toulouse

French Language & Culture

What a great time to be in Toulouse! 

Our Tuesday session started off with a lot of excitement from our participants. They were able to continue learning new French words and regional expressions, and Toulouse is a great place for that. Our participants are having a fantastic time expanding their language skills in this beautiful city!

Most days, after the morning language lessons, our participants explore the surrounding community and learn about its history from the locals. Exploring a new culture can be an exciting and eye-opening experience. 

Toulouse has a rich cultural heritage and a vibrant local language called Occitan. Our Wednesday morning session  was followed by an incredible visit to the COMDT, the Center of Occitan Traditional Music and Dance, there we sang an ancient song and learned a traditional Occitan dance. We also learned that Occitan folk music has a distinct sound characterized by a wide range of wind instruments. Engaging in dancing and singing allowed our participants to immerse themselves in the vibrant local culture and experience the rythm, energy and beauty of Occitan life!