Pot de départ: À bientôt!

Hannah Reese

After four eventful weeks, our Global Navigators have "mixed feelings" about parting ways. It can be difficult to switch back to everyday life after such a transformational experience. As highlighted in previous blog posts, students enjoyed a variety of excursions like canoeing and hip-hop danse class. Though, many students described the most memorable moments were all the small things in between. They became comfortable riding the metro, walking to get lunch with classmates, swimming at the community pool, admiring Toulouse's unique architecture, and getting to practice their French in real-life situations.

The reverse culture shock of returning home can be eased a bit by staying connected with new friends through text, calls, and social media. A few students already have plans in the works for meeting up soon after our return. It is also important to share stories and photos from our time abroad with friends and family so that we can relive our favorite memories. Finding ways to use French outside of class will be helpful, too. Students could get involved with clubs or language cafés in their local communities.

It is indeed time to say, "À bientôt!" Students will always have a connection to this magnificent city and to the people of Toulouse. Our Global Navigators have been bonded by the challenges they overcame and the triumphs they shared. Bon voyage à tous!!