Arriving in style!

Spanish Language & Argentinian Culture

Micaela Freire

The airport was buzzing with excitement as students from across the country converge, ready to embark on a transformative journey in Buenos Aires. 

The trip kicked off with a whirlwind of introductions and laughter during the brief hours before departure. Despite the short time, students quickly bonded over shared experiences, setting a promising tone for the weeks ahead.

After a long flight, they landed safely in Buenos Aires, greeted warmly by the program staff, and enjoyed something sweet right away: Alfajores, the traditional cookie sandwich filled with rich dulce de leche

At the local CIEE center, the initial orientation provided a glimpse into the vibrant city, followed by a refreshing stroll around the area and some engaging team-building activities.

From meeting their host families to getting some well-deserved rest, each step has been filled with new experiences and cultural insights.

During their first days of classes, each student's language proficiency was assesed and meeting with local teachers has laid the groundwork for a meaningful academic experience.

This week's focus on familiarizing students with common commuting routes, including navigating the subway and buses safely, underscores the program's commitment to fostering independence and cultural fluency.

The journey has just begun, and there is much more to come. Stay tuned for more updates as our students delve deeper into the heart of Buenos Aires!