Week 3

Ocean Conservation & Sustainability

Connar Franklin

Students have had a busy (and sunny) past couple of days, and they have taken part in plenty of water activities. Everyone had the chance to search for aquatic wildlife in a patch of kelp while snorkeling. The water was cold, but everyone managed to get the hang of snorkeling. Students also took a kayak adventure and bumped into a group of dolphins. Some students were better at rowing than others, but we all managed to make it back to shore. 

On their day off, students completed a 3 mile hike to Elephant’s Eye cave. They were accompanied by their instructors (one of their instructors even brought along two special guests). In spite of some wet socks and a few muddy pairs of pants, everyone made it up to the cave and got some great photos and had some time to soak in the panoramic views. Students then had the chance to have a traditional South African braai and to roast some marshmallows. 

As our trip is winding down, students are putting the final touches on their group presentations and preparing for their safari trip. 

See you all soon!