Strike a Pose!! Musée de beaux-arts de Rennes!

Doreena Fox

This week the students have been learning about the many different forms of art, including paintings, architecture, dance, music, and cinema.  On Tuesday, the students had the opportunity to visit the Musée de beaux-arts in Rennes.  This museum is "one of the most important museums in France along with those located in Paris."  The students visited the museum, observed art works ranging from ancient Egypt antiquities to works of the Modern art period, and even imitated gestures of famous paintings--striking their famous pose! 

In order to connect the new vocabulary learned in class with the students' cultural activity, at the end of their visit, the students shared a photo of their favorite piece of art work and described why they chose that particular painting or drawing.  As each person shared, students could hear their peers using the recently learned vocabulary as well as see a different (or sometimes same) perspective on artwork found in the museum.  It was truly interesting to see what each student liked and chose as their favorite piece of art!  Merci CIEE!