Olympiastadion Berlin

German Language & Culture

It is hard to believe that we are finishing up our third week here in Berlin! On Friday, before our excursion we celebrated the birthday of Michaela, one of the students on the program (Happy Birthday Michaela!). The weather was sunny as we set off on the subway to the Olympiastadion, or Olympic Stadium. These grounds hosted the 1936 Berlin Olympics and the Stadium itself is now the home of the German soccer club Hertha BSC. Sudents went on a tour learning about the stadium's significance and history but also took a behind the scenes look at the VIP boxes, team locker rooms, and press areas just to name a few. Friday was a perfect day to tour the stadium, because staff was setting up for a friendly soccer match between Hertha BSC and FC Liverpool. Many of our students (and program leaders) actually attended the game the next day!

After Friday's excursion, students departed to spend the weekend with their host families. This is an opportunity for students and host families to get to know each other even more. We can't wait to hear about all of the fun things that students did with their host families!

Bis bald,

Mike McCloskey