A Journey into Cultural Splendor: Exploring Villa Ocampo

Spanish Language & Argentinian Culture

Micaela Freire

Imagine stepping into a world where every corner breathes history, creativity, and international camaraderie. For the students, this past weekend was a perfect blend of cultural exploration and personal connection.

On Saturday, despite the cloudy skies, we embarked on a journey to Villa Ocampo, once the residence of Victoria Ocampo, a trailblazing Argentine writer and cultural icon. The villa not only preserves her legacy but also serves as a vibrant hub that hosted intellectuals, artists, and political figures from across the globe.

The beauty of Villa Ocampo wasn't confined to its interior alone. The surrounding garden, adorned with a charming fountain and frequented by ducks, provided a serene backdrop that complemented the richness of the villa's history. 

Sunday brought a different kind of joy as the students experienced a family day with their host families. Some students were pleasantly surprised by the day's plans, while others had the chance to share their own traditions and experiences with their hosts. The day culminated in a delightful "merienda," a special treat shared among friends, before everyone rested and recharged for the week ahead.

Here's to more exploration, friendship, and the joy of cultural exchange!