The Jet Lag is No More!

Advocating for Social Justice

Thomas Herz

Yep, you heard it right! The jet lag is no more!!! Our spectacular students defeated jet lag with a healthy dose of food, socialization, and an amazing walking tour of the area surrounding our accommodations. Simply put, they crushed it.

After a promising first day, our Social Justice learners took their first bus ride to an orientation at their new school: The All Hallows location at Dublin City College. Afterward, they embarked on a new walking tour to further understand how to get around the city center of Dublin. After a long day of touring and learning about what their life will look like for the next few weeks, they retired back to the accommodations with a fabulous dinner on the breezy rooftop patio.

Day 3 brought even further excitement. It was their first day of class! The students learned about what the class will look like and what their final project encompasses. They will be tasked with creating the ideal city that provides equity and opportunity for all. The Social Justice students then tested their athletic skills in a crash course session all about the Gaelic Games of Ireland. They tried out Gaelic football, Handball, and had a blast learning about Hurling.

At the end of our third day together, the students are eager to see what exciting adventures are to come.