Investigating Ireland

Advocating for Social Justice

Natasha Rosa

The students successfully completed their first week of class! This weeks activities began with a bang when they were introduced to traditional Irish sports games, such as handball, hurling, and Gaelic football. To complete a long day of sports, they had a watch party for the Euro cup semi-finals. With their first taste of freedom for dinners this week, they were able to explore local culture and enjoy new cuisines of their choice. Wednesday night finished with a quirky and entertaining musical walking tour through the historic streets of Dublin.

During a sunny Thursday afternoon, the students explored the quaint coastal town of Malahide, with its gorgeous, lush gardens and a magical castle. With some local ice cream and fish & chips, it was a perfect mid week energy booster. With loads of fun tours and activities, the students were slowly creeping their way through many new neighborhoods in Dublin, such as the northern shopping strip and the southern area of George's Street Arcade. A good nights sleep is much needed before their jam-packed weekend schedule with trips to Causey Farm and Dun Laoghaire!