Hangzhou Day 2 - Umbrella Painting

Today I started off my day waking up in a fancy hotel room and having breakfast downstairs with my roommate. I ate my breakfast quickly since we only had a couple minutes before we had to check out and head to the activity planned for today. 

The weather was just as bad as the day before and the heat was unbearable. Luckily, the activity planned was held indoors at the Workmanship Demonstration Pavilion. The place was full of amazing and beautiful handcrafted pieces from purses to small houses. 

But today my fellow classmates and I were able to experience Chinese traditional handwork umbrella painting! This activity was quite beneficial since the weather in Hangzhou is hotter compared to Shanghai. The umbrella I spent time decorating will be a great remembering piece of the short time I spent in Hangzhou. 

In addition, the umbrella paintings I saw today that were made by my classmates were extremely creative and beautiful. I'm sure that these umbrellas will come in handy in the following two weeks left in Shanghai. I'm glad that I got the chance to experience the umbrella painting activity because it was a relaxing and unique way to end my time in such a beautiful city. Hopefully, I will someday be able to return to Hangzhou and experience other amazing activities! :) 

Written by Karla Escobar