First Weekend At D.R. (Santiago)

Leadership & Service in Youth Development

Jemmy De Leon

Fun and Games at Rafey (Accion Callejera)

in the morning students went to service at Rafey, and had a lot of fund with the kids and kraft making, the whole group wanted to contribute even further and decided to clean a basketball court that was full of trash, giving little kids from the community a more appropriate place to play in, then In the afternoon, students had a class in which it was discussed people with influence, and students had to identify who was a person that they considered influence to others.

In the night, there was structured free time, and students went to share some food, share some ice cream, and sightseeing, taking beautiful pictures and having quality moments with their peers from the program, concluding the night with amazing experiences and beautiful moments.

Casaba Experience + Glamping

The Casaba experience started very early in the morning having all students being picked up and started our journey to Monción in Mao province, in which along the way was very chill and nice but full of music and happiness. We arrived at the Casaba factory  and started a tour through the factory that makes casaba massively, showing the participants how is the process from the starting point, going through the hand making part in which participants were able to make their own casaba, ending in the  packaging process to then share casaba of different sizes and flavors.

After this, we took our ride to the glamping spot going through mountains with very high expectations and a lot of energy. We arrived at the glamping spot students decided that wanted to enjoy river first than food, lots of fun and laughs then we had lunch enjoying truly tasty Dominican food. having amazing moments cold waters and lots of fun with friends. At the end of the day we went back to our home rested and with expectations for the next day, family day!!

The long awaited Family Day!!

Unlike other days, today started a bit later than usually with the pick up at the homestays and the way lead us to Palmar Arriba, in Villa Gonzalez, Santiago, in which we were having a beautiful sunny day with pool and lots and lots of food. Sharing stories, swimming, dancing and playing with friends the whole time, and of course a tan on Dominican weather cant pass, so that was also included. The day was very good and the host families were sharing as well making it more like home and making it an unforgeable day.