Group Departure

Leadership & Service in Youth Development

Anaya Benzan

Our Farewell Dinner 

As another celebratory event, we held a farewell dinner for the students to connect as a group. During this time, we enjoyed another Dominican-style buffet, played dominions and card games, and danced to music. 

To commemorate our time together, each student received a CIEE Certificate of Participation and a printed copy of the group photo we took during our overnight trip! Everyone signed each other’s sharing kind notes, and the night became filled with positive energy and appreciation for one another.

The last night's ride consisted of love, appreciation, gratitude, and sadness for the closing of the program. With hugs and support, we arrived at our home-stays to prepare for our journeys home. 

dinner

Until Next Time

As we began morning pickup, we reflected on what the time in the Dominican Republic brought each of us, individually and collectively; to say the least, there was a shared sentiment of gratefulness. 

We appreciate the growth we each have felt, the never ending care our host families expressed, and the Dominican family we have created. 

As one of the Program Leaders, I must say it was an honor to work with the entire group, and especially, my electric and passionate Youth Development Team. Working alongside you all brought me immense joy and happiness, and I am thankful for each of your presence and individual leadership. 

Gracias a Santiago. 

Remember: we have to leave, so we can return!