Exploring the North of the Island

Spanish Language & Culture

Penelope de Leon

Last Saturday our global navigators were able to travel to northern Mallorca to see more of what our beautiful island offers. We headed out from Palma nice and early and made our first stop to the quaint little town of Pollença. Here we were able to do a bit of sightseeing and made our way up the 400 plus steps to take in the views of the town and the mountains from above. 

pollença mirador

After making our way down the steps in Pollença we headed to the Mirador de Es Colomer. Here we were able to see all the shades of blue of the Mediterranean Sea and just how massive it is.

es colomer 2
es colomer

Next it was off to the Playa de Formentor for some lunch and fun in the sun. Playa de Formentor is one of the most pristine beaches on the island. It is usually quite crowded at the weekends but we were lucky enough to find space for our big group.

Our last stop on this very busy Saturday was the walled city of Alcudia. Here our global navigators learned about the city's Roman history and got to take a nice walk around the town while enjoying a well deserved ice cream. We had a great time visiting the north of the island and it was a great preview for what is to come next weekend at our overnight stay. We can't wait for more!

ice cream 2
formentor