Alcudia Adventures!

Mediterranean Marine Ecosystems & Sustainability

Keira Freeman

This week, our CIEE students embarked on an unforgettable journey to Alcudia. The adventure began with a double-decker bus ride, stopping at the Parc natural de sa’albufera for a unique biology lesson. Equipped with binoculars and a bird identification guide, students explored the park, spotting a variety of fascinating species like flamingos, ducks, warblers, and herons. 

After settling into their Alcudia hotel and meeting the Terra i Mar Aventura team, the group wasted no time enjoying the beautiful beach. They swam in the water and had fun playing volleyball, and soaking up the sun.

The next day brought a challenging but rewarding hike with the experienced Terra i Mar Aventura guides. The hike led to the breathtaking Cala Coll Baix, a secluded cove with crystal-clear waters, stunning scenery… and a few wild goats! Despite the tougher moments during the hike, the payoff was well worth it when we got to the beach. When it was time to go students swam out to a catamaran, and enjoyed a scenic cruise back along the coast, indulging in ice cream and a swim in the ocean. Following a dip in the hotel pool, they were ready to relax and recharge before their final day of excitement.

The last day was dedicated to coasteering and exploring the coastline. With life jackets securely fastened, students showcased their courage and adventurous spirit. The group was so supportive to one another; their positive energy was infectious. 

Following their coasteering exploits, the group enjoyed some final relaxation time in Alcudia, with some soaking up the sun on the beach and others opting for a leisurely poolside rest. Although everyone was a little exhausted and maybe sporting a few scrapes and sore muscles, we all made some unforgettable memories. It was an incredible finale to an incredible trip.

Stay tuned for more updates on upcoming adventures!