Welcome to CIEE Kyoto: Get to know more about me!

CIEE Kyoto

Hello! My name is Natsuki Kwapong, and I am a Student Life and Housing Coordinator at CIEE Kyoto. You might notice that my family name is not Japanese, which often leads people to guess my origins. While I am indeed Japanese, my surname comes from my husband, who is British-Ghanaian. Together, we have two beautiful and super-energetic boys who fill our lives with joy and excitement.

Natsuki family

My sons are passionate about soccer, and I absolutely love watching them play. Since they started, my interest in soccer has grown significantly, and it has become one of my favorite pastimes. If you ask me, "How was your weekend?" my answer will most likely be, "I went to see my sons' soccer games!" Watching them play brings me immense joy and pride.

natsuki kids

I am originally from Hyogo and have lived in Kyoto for about 10 years. Kyoto is a perfect city for me as it has a wonderful blend of nature and urban life. Hyogo remains close to my heart, and I would be delighted to share my recommendations if you ever visit. There is so much to explore and enjoy in both Hyogo and Kyoto.

In my free time, I enjoy unwinding with a good Korean drama on Netflix. It's a great way to relax and immerse myself in different stories and cultures. I also make it a point to stay active by working out at the gym, which you might see me doing on the weekends. Additionally, I have a keen interest in beauty and skincare, and I like to learn about the latest trends and techniques.

My personal experience studying abroad was unforgettable and transformative. I first went to Spokane, Washington, in the USA, where I studied English for four months through my university’s program. The following summer, I spent a month in London, UK. These experiences ignited my passion for learning languages and had a profound impact on my life. Immersing myself in different cultures and languages has shaped who I am today, and I am excited to share and hear about others' study-abroad experiences.

Finally, I'd like to introduce you to my favorite bakeries in Kyoto!

Here are my top recommendations for bakeries in Kyoto. 

1.Année- This bakery is just a 5-minute walk from CIEE Kyoto. All their bread is delicious! They also serve lunch, which often attracts long lines.

Anne1

2. Fiveran Also a 5-minute walk from CIEE Kyoto, this bakery offers high-quality products at reasonable prices. My favorites are the croissants and canelés.

fiveran

3. Kanoa Bakerey - If you ever have the chance to visit Toji Temple, don't miss this bakery! It's a 10-minute walk from Toji Station, and their hard bread is the best!

Kanoa

Once you come to Kyoto, please try them! I promise you will love them!