Session 1 arrives in Sydney!

Australian Wildlife Conservation From Land to Sea

Maxine Eisenberg

After maybe the longest flight we have all ever taken, CIEE Sydney Session 1 has arrived upside down and in the future! In the land of kangaroos, wallabies, and spiders (oh my!) the students are settling in nicely and getting into the rhythm of things.

On Day 1, we settled into our student housing, attended orientation, and enjoyed a lovely group dinner overlooking the iconic Sydney Harbor Bridge. After a quick detour to the Opera House, it was finally time to crash!

Day 2 started with the end of orientation, meeting the students' lovely instructor, Danielle, and completing a scavenger hunt around the Central Business District. From learning slang (do you know what witch's hat is?) to finding hidden gems, the students navigated the city with enthusiasm and curiosity. Congratulations to the winners, The Aussie Navigators, on setting a new CIEE Sydney record. At the end of the day, many of the students had "family" dinners at their homes.

Everyone is in high spirits and looking forward to what the rest of the week holds. Until next time!