Nuestra primera callejoneada

Students took Guanajuato by storm this week by participating in a callejoneada.  GTO has 3,200 callejones or alleys/passageways.  A callejoneada is a chance to see these passageways in a new light and with some great music.

We started near Teatro Juarez with the introduction of costumed performers.  The gentlemen sing and dance to get the crowd warmed up for our romp through the callejones.

Students invited their host families to join our group.  In total, 50 participants were on hand to begin our journey.  Here the group is making their way to the first callejón all the while listening to great music and enjoying our diverse company.

You can't stop these rhythms from making you move!

The ladies enjoyed a serenata and a couple our our lads showed their friendship by greeting our young ladies with a kiss on the hand.

Download VID-20170718-WA0004      <---- click here to see a short video of our fun adventure

Students were made a part of the famous tale of the Callejón del beso.  Lengend says that a father was not pleased with the choice of suitor that his daughter had taken.  With the closeness of the callejones, the daughter and her suitor were able to kiss from their balconies.  The father did not approve and, well, you'll have to look up the rest of the story to hear the ending.  Our young people playing the roles of the two lovebirds did a great job and we are both came out scot-free!