南京 (Nanjing) Excursion Part Two!

Hello all! I apologize for the delay, but I hope this finds you well. While Maia very eloquently recounted the first part of our day in Nanjing, it was far from over. After catching our breaths that were stolen from us as a result of, not only the strenuous activity, but also the view(see what I did there?), we returned to the foot of the mountain and were quickly on our way to visit 明孝陵 or, The Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum. This tomb belongs to the founder of the Ming Dynasty, and took nearly fifty years to complete. (Typepad hates me so please tilt your phone, handheld device, or face, sideways to reference my incorrectly aligned photos.)

Next on the agenda was 大子庙, otherwise known as the Confucius Temple. It was there that we were allotted free time for dinner and exploring. The lively streets and stunning scenery made for a lovely conclusion to our trip to Nanjing. 

Finally, after quite the day, we took a train from the Nanjing South Railway Station and returned, eventually, to our respective homes here in Shanghai.  I hope this post and others thus far have helped you live somewhat vicariously through us as we embark on this journey of a lifetime!

-Trinity Hansen