HipHop Workshop Part Deux

HipHop Workshop

Session 2 finally got their chance to dance this week!  The HipHop Workshop is a favorite for Toulousers and Session 2 had a blast dancing and learning about HipHop culture.  We arrived at the spot a little early so we took an amazing group photo in front of the HipHop Dance Studio.  The students couldn't wait to get started and got a glimpse of some dancers as we went into the back to wait for our class.

The back of the studio is amazing!!  It's a garden filled with graffiti (one of the disciplines of HipHop), and repurposed tires as tables and chairs.  We got to relax a bit and cool down from our walk before tearing it up in the dance studio.

Ladies lookin' cute!! Getting ready to dance.

Christine and Tesla lookin' fly next to that gorgeous graffiti art.

Brooks, Micki, and Garrett chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool

When it was time to dance everyone was ready to go!  Our instructor Mathou introduced herself and told us her specialties were House and Contemporary Dance, but she was ready to teach us a bit of everything.  Before we knew it we were dancing!  We did it all from Pop and Lock to House to Break Dancing.  We even learned how to Freeze!!  You'll see some of our expert Freezers below. 

Christine impressing everyone with her moves.

Isabel has it figured out! She tore it up on the dance floor.

Eri literally cannot right now. So impressed with Lola and Christine.

Everyone doing their fiercest point!

The workshop was a success with Isabel looking into how she could take classes, and with Benjamin declaring he had a new skill for life, we know they loved it!  Keep dancing Toulousers! :D