Gamers in Tokyo

Video Game Design

Larry Bogan

We embarked on an exciting field trip to Tokyo, a city renowned for its blend of traditional culture and cutting-edge technology. The trip aimed to inspire our budding game developers, providing them with unique experiences that could spark creativity for their future projects.

The adventure began at TeamLab Planets, a stunning digital art museum that immerses visitors in a world of interactive, moving artworks. As the students wandered through the mesmerizing installations, they were captivated by the seamless integration of technology and art. Walking through water, touching flowers that bloom with a touch, and navigating through a room of endless mirrors, they experienced firsthand how digital environments can evoke powerful emotions and storytelling.

Next, the students traveled to Odaiba, a futuristic entertainment hub. Their first stop was Joypolis, an indoor amusement park filled with arcade games, virtual reality experiences, and thrilling rides. The high-energy environment of Joypolis was a playground of inspiration, demonstrating the potential of interactive entertainment.

After the adrenaline rush at Joypolis, the group headed to Aqua City Odaiba, a vibrant shopping and entertainment complex. Here, they explored various shops, relaxed in cafes, and enjoyed stunning views of Tokyo Bay. This diverse environment showcased the importance of creating multifaceted game worlds that offer both excitement and relaxation.

The trip ended with a visit to the trendy neighborhoods of Harajuku and Shibuya. In Harajuku, the students strolled through Takeshita Street, famous for its quirky fashion boutiques, colorful sweets, and unique street art.

In Shibuya, the iconic Shibuya Crossing left a lasting impression. Surrounded by towering screens and bustling crowds, the students felt the pulse of modern Tokyo.

Most of the photos this time were taken by the students themselves. Please enjoy Tokyo through their eyes.