Bugs in Korea

K-Pop Immersion

Here in Seoul, you can find a lot of insects, from the basic mosquitoes to tiny gnats, from cicadas to dragonflies, and there is also the scutiger, and moth that you can't even distinguish from the leaves,It's surprising how many of these little insects can leave here.

This is the gnats I saw when we went to N Seoul Tower, there wasn't a lot of them but they are quiet annoying.

I am not entirely sure what bug this is, I found it just on the street, it might be an ant but it looks a little different.

This is an ant we saw at the Gyeongbokgung Palace, there is an ant hive where we sat.

This is an cicada Taylor found on our way the breakfast, it is my first time ever seeing one and this is only the leftover shell. There is a lot of cicadas in Seoul and they are very loud throughout the day and night.

This is scutiger on the ceiling of the Hanok we lived in, while we wanted to kill it, is believed that they bring good luck to people in someplaces.

This is a moth that was lying on the ground, it is surprising how it camouflages so well with the environment, I thought it was just a piece of a leaf until I took a very close look.

by Cynthia