Bonjour Toulouse!

Aerospace Engineering

Kristin Montgomery

All our Global Navigators arrived safely on Sunday!  A bright, sunny afternoon in the park was a great way to fight off the fatigue of an overnight flight. Students meet each other, played some games and settled into their rooms at our hotel after taking a short tour of the neighborhood.

Monday we kicked off the day with a guided tour of Toulouse and learned about it's architecture and history.  Many of the street names here are written in French and also the Occitan language.  Toulouse is called "La Ville Rose" (the pink city) because of the beautiful pink hues of the bricks that were used to build many of the buildings. 

Next students met their teachers and learned a bit about what they'd be learning and doing in class.

After a break for lunch we continued orientation by learning about health, safety and French culture.  

We had a cozy dinner of chicken, fries and veggies back at our hotel and students created roommate agreements to communicate their needs and make a plan for living with others.

We've had a great first two days in Toulouse!