Akrobranch in the Pyrénées

Aerospace Engineering

Noah Curtin

Toe-tapping on wires 40 feet above thundering waterfalls in the foothills of the Pyrénées mountains... music to the ears of the CIEE Aerospace Engineering crew!

This past weekend the students had the opportunity to stay in Ariège, a mountainous region in the southwest of France. A weekend chalk full of beautiful scenery and nature time was capped off with a trip to the ropes course, or "Akrobranch" in the town of Orlu. Akrobranch consists of a series of ropes courses that include climbing around large boulders, ziplining, rope wall climbing, and many other tedious challenges while latched to wires among the mountains. 

The students got a lesson from the staff and were off to the races! Within minutes you could see CIEE students enjoying the thrills of the Akrobranch experience while soaking in the breathtaking views of the Pyrénées. After a few hours on the course the group had a nice lunch together and enjoyed the sunshine before heading for another round on the ropes.

It was a privilege to have the opportunity to experience the Akrobranch and it showed in the faces of the students. Good old fashioned fun!