On arrive à Rennes!

Doreena Fox

From the Atlanta, New York, and Amsterdam airports to France, the students arrive to Rennes where they will be living immersed in the French language and culture.  Arriving on Sunday, July 7th, the students were warmly welcomed by their new host families and the CIEE staff at the airport.  After a long travel day (or days), the students officially started the next day, Monday, with an all day orientation program where they learned essential information about their new classes, new teachers, safety guidelines, cultural differences and soon-to-be new friends.

After the morning session, the group ate an authentic French meal in the beautiful downtown Rennes!  The students had the opportunity to relax, bond, and begin making new acquaintances while eating a delicious lunch!  The first two days have been packed with traveling multiple airports, settling in with new families, learning a new culture and school, and navigating the city under umbrellas!  Ah yes, the beautiful "temps pluvieux de Rennes!"  Even though the sun has only peaked out from time to time, the students are continuing to have fun experiencing their new lives and adventures in Rennes!