Alors on danse!

Jeffi Anthony

Wow, what an exciting first week and a half! We got settled in and started classes. After arriving from our long flights the students had orientation. There were some really tired people, they just got to a new place where everything is so different, and then had to sit in class, phew. It was fun though, we played lots of games and got to know each other. There are already so many lifelong friendships budding. 

We had to learn how to dance, after all La Fête de la Music was coming. We hit the ground running, getting the students to dance. It all started at COMDT (Centre Occitan des Musiques et Danses Traditionnelles), as our first cultural activity. We learned a traditional Occitane song and dance. There was a presentation of traditional instruments. Who knew there were so many types of bagpipes?

After that, the students were ready to learn some Hip Hop moves. We toured L’Danse and had a private lesson. C’est très amusant! Pretty soon everyone was showing off their new moves. The next day was La Fête de la Musique. Even though I have no business dancing, I was ready. I know our students were really going to bust a move!