Best Food During a Summer in Paris

By: Mellissa Lewis

Summer in Paris showed me how much I adore food! Each morning I went to cafe and ate some of my favorite foods; a Paine suisse, maybe a gâteux du chocolat (chocolate cake), a café espresso, and of course a croissant. 

For lunch I often went to the Patisserie and Boulangerie called La Parisienne. I would eat a hot dog, which is the best hot dog I’ve ever tried. It was almost like a foot long, but with different cheeses melted on top, it was decadent and so so tasty. After I would take it to a park, Jardin du Luxembourg, and watched the fountains and birds while I ate. Sandwiches, baked goods, a simple baguette with prosciutto and cheese, will definitely get your appetite going in full throttle!

seafood paris plate

For dinner I would often cook at home to save money, as the Monoprix has CHEAP food that is absolutely scrumptious. Bone of my favorites there was a salmon quiche, and I’d buy some truffle cheese to melt on top of it. Keep in mind that most of the apartments CIEE supplied us with did not have ovens, but a stove top. Some restaurants for dinner I would suggest are La Traite D’union in the 6th arrondissement, Le 138 (which is open until 5am, sometimes later) in the 12 arrondissement. I highly suggest trying escargot, it’s buttery and filled with herbs. So very delicious. I can talk about the food all day, but I highly suggest trying it yourself!

EXPLORE PARIS