Weekend 2: Fußball, Flea Markets, Fun!

Global Entrepreneurship

Our students had a busy second weekend in Berlin! Instead of heading out of town to one of Germany's smaller cities we stayed near our home base to take some more time to explore the city!

We started the weekend off Friday afternoon with a trip to Olympiastadion, the site of the 1936 Olympic games and the home stadium of Berlin's Hertha BSC team.  We got a tour of the grounds, the VIP, section and learned a little more about local soccer culture and the history of the stadium.

Saturday we continued our immersion in Berlin sports and traveled to a smaller stadium to see another local soccer team play.  The game was rained out, but we still had a great time, since the weather did not deter the great attitude of the Berlin Union fan's  and their love for their team! On Sunday we switched gears and had a museum morning at the Jewish Museum.  We spent a few hours exploring the history of the Jewish people in Germany from the Roman period, through the Holocaust, up through today, and could have easily spent more time with the museums extensive exhibitions.

Afterwards since we had good weather we went to Mauerpark, a Berlin Sunday staple to explore the flea market, crafts, food stalls, graffiti artists and public karaoke in the park!

Everyone is excited for one more week here in Berlin that will be packed with cultural and historical excursions and of course the final entrepreneurship presentations!