Touchdown in Beautiful Costa Rica!!!

Climate Change Mitigation

Thomas Herz

After months of excited waiting, our Global Navigators have touched down in Costa Rica! The very second that students where off the plane, new friendships were being created. The Global Navigators piled into several busses and left the airport to embark on their first Costa Rican adventure: a much deserved, fantastic meal at a traditional Costa Rican restaurant. The student ate a myriad of different dishes including the main Costa Rican staple: beans and rice. While dinning, we were able to look over the gorgeous landscape of our new home for the next three weeks. 

After wrapping up lunch, our Global Navigators hopped back on their busses and began the several hour long journey to the CIEE campus in the middle of the one of the most biodiverse jungles in the world. Watching the scenery pass by the windows, students took some time to reflect and appreciate the adventure that was just beginning.

After arriving in the cover of night, students were treated to a magnificent sight the next morning. Our Global Navigators are staying in sustainable bungalow-style accommodations engulfed in green, green, and more green. Students marveled as adorable little animals walked by and listened to the beautiful song birds chirping in the trees. This magnificent sights became the backdrop for their orientations to both the campus and their new class: Climate Change Mitigation.

The students have now turned in after a long and exciting day; eager for the plethora of adventures to come.