Tubing in Liberia!

Climate Change Mitigation

Thomas Herz

Once again, one of our amazing  Global Navigators took over the blog posting honor! Kayla Williams created a fantastic update from our weekend in Liberia.

Here is what she had to say. :)

Over the weekend, our schedule was packed with thrilling activities. On Saturday, before we began our journey, the group played a quick game of Mafia in the library before we gathered on the bus. After a few hours of driving, we started off with a safari ride at Ponderosa Adventure Park where we fed animals such as zebras, giraffes, and much more. We then enjoyed a leisurely lunch at Ponderosa, buffet style. The excitement continued as we went tubing down a river, swam beneath a waterfall, and later checked into our hotel for a refreshing swim in the pool. It was followed by enjoying the beautiful horse parade while on the way to dinner at a local restaurant. On the way back to the hotel, we stopped for ice cream. As we settled back into our rooms, we decided to go for a late night swim that featured time in the jacuzzi until curfew.

Sunday began with an early morning sunrise viewing at the pool for some, followed by a hearty breakfast and poolside games. We explored local stores before lunch, spending a little more money than expected. Afterwards, we visited the Las Pumas Rescue Center, known for its impactful wildlife conservation efforts. We had the chance to see the different animals that were present. We saw animals ranging from pumas, deers to parrots while a guide explained why each of them were being protected in the rescue center. Wrapping up the day with a satisfying dinner back on campus, we capped off the weekend with a movie night featuring "Rio" alongside our Women Environmental Action program peers.