Potsdam: Where History Meets Hip

Global Entrepreneurship

Anthony Sia

A welcome respite from the entrepreneurial grind, CIEE students traded their laptops for train tickets, embarking on a day trip to Potsdam. Known primarily for its opulent palaces and meticulously manicured gardens, the city offers a surprising blend of historical grandeur and contemporary cool.

Sanssouci, the summer residence of Frederick the Great, is a testament to Prussian opulence. Its gilded chambers and sprawling parklands offer a glimpse into a bygone era. Yet, Potsdam is more than just a gilded cage. The city's vibrant energy is palpable, with a thriving arts scene, a burgeoning culinary landscape, and a youthful spirit that belies its historical significance.

The students embarked on a scavenger hunt to add a competitive edge to their day, exploring the city's historical landmarks while racing against the clock. The blend of history, culture, and friendly competition created an unforgettable experience. Potsdam, it seems, is more than just a day trip; it's a journey through time and a celebration of youth.