Much Ado about London

Theatre Arts on London’s Stage

Darby McHugh

Sunday:  Whew - exhaustion from the past week caught up with MANY of our crew and today's free day was a much needed respite!  Pretty much everyone had a lie-in  -  followed by meanderings and short-lived jaunts around zones 1-2.  We're all in need of a wind down before ramping up for our FINAL week!!! Ahhhh!!!   Something odd that happened today is that it finally rained:)  We knew it happened in England - but just hadn't had the full experience yet:)

Monday:  Why are we all still soooo tired??!!!  Me thinks it's OVERLOAD!!  An amazing, wonderful, but exhausting overload of experiences and adventures:)  What a lovely problem to have, right?!  We started our day with a street art tour with Natalie, a talented artist from the East End who did a fabulous job giving us a glimpse into the culture of London street art - really fascinating - especially how every artist has a purpose - social justice, entertainment, beauty, rebellion, etc.  Our tour ended with an old Banksy (of COURSE it did!!) and some free time around Spitalfield Market and Brick Lane.  Final projects were begun today with the aim of performance Friday!

Tuesday:  Free Morning with Final Project work, class, and then dinner on the run as we made our way to the theater.  My Father's Fable delivered with raw writing and actors that made it real.  The playwright and actors came out after the show and spent time with the kiddos - what a treat!  It was really a special evening!