Little Nessie Goes to Arthur's Seat, Surgeon's Hall, Stirling Castle, Old Town Jail, and MORE!

Creative Writing in the Land of Lochs & Legends

Helen Raymond-Goers

I have been doing so many things with my American friends! I am making sure they see all the best of Edinburgh and nearby. We have been very busy. We climbed up to Arthur's Seat, took a bus to Stirling Castle, and visited the Old Town Jail where some of my friends got really scared! (I wasn't scared. I'm a monster, after all). Today, we visited one of Edinburgh's prettiest spots: Dr. Neil's Garden, where my friends met the swans, saw the monkey puzzle tree, and created new settings for their story writing while they sat amongst the beautiful flowers and plants. We also went to a primary school where my friends read stories and answered questions from the students there. The Scottish students were curious about all kinds of American things, and my friends loved answering all their questions. 

Coming up this week, we have a bunch more adventures, and my friends tell me they will be doing even MORE writing. I can't wait to tell you all about it!