The Final Days

Creative Writing in the Land of Gods & Heroes

Melissa Cabaniss

Interactive Museums

To wrap up our time, we took a break from our usually scheduled galleries filled with ancient statues to venture into the interactive side of art. Our latest two galleries invited guests to become a part of the art and in turn gave birth to some great photo opts. The two museums had a variety spaces from feather rooms, ball pits and even a light room where students got the chance to draw with light like Pablo Picasso. Students enjoyed the change of pace and getting to be silly inside of the museum. 

Students drawing with light
Student in art tunnel
Student in ball pit

Dotting  our “i”s and crossing our “t”s

Whether it is shopping for gifts, that perfect Rome t shirt, or visiting a sight they just need to see again, our students have been busy during free time. You can find a group of students during free time busy checking off the last things on everyones list to make sure that nothing was missed on this Rome experience. As a witness to their delight in money spending, I can say some of you have some great presents headed your way! In their defense, can you really blame them for buying you, their brother, their aunt, distant cousin, and that one teacher from the third grade that just really left an impression a gift from Rome? 

Students shopping
Students shopping

Students shopping

The Final Project

The last key part of our time here is the final project. Currently, we are at the center were students are busy working on their final projects. The big showcase is tomorrow where we will get to watch an original play, hear stories, see artwork from students time on the program. Groups have been busy practicing the Irish jig and picking the perfect verb to make sure their work is ready for tomorrow. Everyone is excited to see what others have been up to as it has been tight lipped around here when I ask for some insight on their scheming. No matter what, tomorrow morning will be filled of joy and laughter, celebrating the hard work and friendship that has been created on this trip.

Students working on final