Exploring the Majestic Teatro alla Scala!

Italian Language & Culture

Khadija Tirha

In the heart of Milan's historic center, right across from Palazzo Marino, lies a world-renowned landmark that never fails to leave visitors in awe. We are talking about the Teatro alla Scala, or simply "La Scala" to the Milanese.

This grand theater boasts nearly 250 years of history. Today, our students had the unique opportunity to visit La Scala and lose themselves in the splendor of both the theater and its majestic museum. The museum houses a rich collection of paintings related to the world of opera and theater, including scenic sketches, letters, portraits, autographs, and ancient musical instruments. Our students had the chance to delve into the stories of the greatest opera composers and learn about Maria Callas, the most celebrated opera singer in history. Exploring La Scala was more than just a tour; it was an immersion into the grandeur and cultural significance of one of the most iconic theaters in the world. The experience offered our students a deep appreciation for the arts and a connection to the illustrious legacy of opera.