Creating Lasting Memories & Mementos

Today we escaped the heat and went to a workshop to create our own souvenirs from Alicante! Everyone was instructed on how to use stencils and dry brushes with acrylic paint in order to design a tote bag. First, they practiced and did a rough draft on paper, before moving onto their final, memorable products.

Many of the designs were typical of Alicante: palm trees, flamenco dancers and the unique tiling that can be seen on the walk to the main city beach (Postiguet). This walkway is called La Explanada de España, and it is one of the main, unique emblems of Alicante. It follows the port and leads us to the beach, bordered by palm trees. The floor is made of 6,600,000 tricolor marble tiles, forming a mosaic that mimics the waves of the sea. You can also stop at some stands here that sell beachwear, trinkets, ice cream and more! 

The students had a great time, each one creative in their own way. They also enjoyed refreshments as they worked and had time to chat and bond in a relaxing setting. Now, they have a souvenir to remember Alicante by, along with memories already made and those still yet to come! Next stop: Madrid!