An Art Filled Day in London - Student Post

Theatre Arts on London’s Stage

Hannah Rapaport-Stein

We have been keeping busy in London! Here's Grace's account of one of our days:

This afternoon we visited the Victoria and Albert exhibition. The museum is filled with engaging exhibits that allow you to explore art, history and performance. Each exhibit was rich with exciting and interesting information. Going to the museum allowed me to expand my creative lense and learn something new.

Following the museum, we took a trip to the Bush Theatre to see The Favour by Ambree Razia. The play follows a young girl Leila and her grandmother as they navigate life after Leila’s mother’s return from prison. The play does a brilliant job tackling the heavy topics of mental health, addiction and family while also playing with comedic elements. The actors also had strong chemistry that aided in the creation of a realistic story line. Each loving gesture seemed genuine and it made it easy to forget that the actors weren’t actually a family. The Favour is the perfect show to see if you are looking for great piece of realistic theatre. I really enjoyed today’s activities and I cant wait to see what else we discover during our final week here.

Photo for blog post An Art Filled Day in London - Student Post

- Grace