Volviendo a España!

Sofia S.

I just found out 2 weeks ago, that I will be returning to Spain for my fourth study abroad experience there. My junior year of high school, I spent the year abroad in Sevilla. My freshman year of college, in the fall, I spent the semester abroad in Salamanca. My junior year of college I returned to Sevilla in the spring, and now my senior year I am returning to Salamanca for the month of January to assistant teach Spanish.

For the past 5 years, Spain has been one of the most prominent parts of my life and identity, and every time I study there I fall in love with different parts of it. In high school, I fell in love with new friends, la feria, and the independence I gained. Early on in college, I fell in love with the tapas, language, and San Sebastián. This past semester I fell in love with exploring new parts of Spain, speaking to different people, and gaining confidence. This time around, I get to be the teacher who will help other students fall in love with their Spain experience.

Spain is so special to me, and finding ways to show how beautiful the culture, language, and country is, is an honor. CIEE helped me fall in love with Spain by giving me an opportunity to live there and immerse myself completely. Although I will not be going there with CIEE, I always know I have them as a resource and the catalyst for my love of Spain.