Visiting Busan

Micah A.

Hi!

I wanted to talk about my short weekend trip going to Busan. I would highly recommend visiting Busan if you were to only take one trip in Korea (but you should visit many other places!) Located on the southeastern coast of South Korea, Busan is Korea’s second-largest city and a bustling metropolis with a rich cultural heritage. Known for its stunning beaches, vibrant markets, and scenic landscapes, Busan offers a unique blend of modernity and old charm. To get to Busan, you have to book a train ticket on the KorRail website, and you get seat reservation back (our trip was from Seoul Station to Busan station). It was really easy, but I recommend not coming back at night because it was really hard to get a taxi when I returned. 

For my trip, me and my girlfriend wanted a super relaxing experience, so we mostly hung out at the beach and talked about life. It has a very relaxing vibe, especially when compared to Seoul, and the coastal environment is really beautiful. There’s also a lot of events on the beaches, and we randomly stumbled upon a drone show that was happening at Gwangalli beach. I’ll say that a lot of Busan’s attractions are hard to get to, even with some public transportation. However, taxis are still really cheap in Busan, so you can take those. Most of my trip only had food pictures, so I hope you enjoy those. There are also lots of random cafes and shops, so I recommend just walking around too.

The one utmost most important thing you should do in Busan though is pop some fireworks. If you’re near Gwangalli or Haeundae beach, you’ll notice people setting off fireworks at night, and we managed to do it too. From what I know, you can only get them at GS25’s so look for a GS25 to buy them. There was a sparkler (I think American ones are better), a fireworks fountain, and, the best one, the mini-aerials fireworks launcher. I’ve seen some people hold it, but I buried the firework in the sand and set it off with a lighter. It lasts around a minute, and it is well worth the 3500 won and experience. Buy multiple ones!

Photo for blog post Visiting Busan

I hope you’ll visit and have as great of an experience as I had in Busan. Thanks for reading!