Spring 2017, Issue II

Communications, New Media + Journalism

Martina

NewsletterBannerPrague686x101

Listen to our radio show!

Last weekend CIEE CNMJ students returned from an over-night trip in Brno, the second largest city in the Czech Republic. CIEE students learned about the history of Romani people in the Czech lands and discussed the image of Roma in Media with Vera Lacková, talented Romani filmmaker and photographer and a founder of production company called Media Voice.

In addition, CIEE students visited the Faculty of Social Studies at Masaryk University in Brno and were introduced to the activities of Radio R, the biggest university radio in the Czech Republic. During a short workshop CIEE students had to prepare interviews based on scenarios from local journalism students. Below you can listen to the winning group show (Kylie, Tara, Hayden, McClane and Anthony):

Interview with train admirers by CIEE CNMJ students

Brno is the main city of South Moravian wine region and we couldn´t leave the city without tasting traditional wines from local family-run vineyards.

This trip not only exposed CIEE students to the Moravian culture and media industry in the Czech Republic but also helped CIEE Prague staff to connect with CNMJ students.

We have learned two very important lessons:

1. "Women have small brains and therefore they cannot drive trains".
  2. "The ground is home".

Thank you CNMJ students!