Spend J-term in The City of Lights aka PARIS!

January in Paris

Celebrating New Year’s Eve in the City of Lights - what could be better than that? How about a three-week study abroad program in Paris during your winter break?

You’re invited to spend J-term in gorgeous Paris and earn credits in one of our three-week, three-credit courses: International Finance or Paris Collage: History, Culture, Architecture. The former explores the current developments in worldwide trade, the impact of finance on local, national, and transnational economies, as well as how continental nongovernmental organizations are operating to make the financial industry more transparent and accountable. You’ll also understand how Paris will position itself in the battle for pre-eminence in post-Brexit Europe’s financial landscape.

The latter explores the evolution of Paris in the past 2000 years and the historical, political, and socio-cultural factors that affected the construction of the city. You’ll be walking a lot on this course's field trips to Parisian monuments, museums, and neighborhoods, and you’ll go beyond the limits of the French capital for an excursion to two landmark castles, Versailles and Fontainebleau.

“Obviously, a program is not merely an addition of classes,” said Paris Global Institute Director Jean-Philippe Primout. “Several activities and a day trip will be offered outside of class so students can create a group living experience while in France.”

Every CIEE study abroad program comes with co-curricular activities and excursions, so you’ll have plenty of time to explore Paris including the people, heritage, and culture. Maybe you’ll find yourself at the Louvre, at a Parisian performance at the famous Moulin Rouge theater, or on a weekend excursion - Normandy, the Mediterranean Sea, or the Pyrenees, anyone?

Whether you consider International Finance or Paris Collage: History, Culture, Architecture, you’ll quickly feel at home in this magnificent city.

Learn more!