Sardinia - Rome Study Tour

SPRING '19 BLOCK II - SARDINIA

Sardinia is Italy’s second-largest island. Situated in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea, it boasts 1,600 miles of coastlines and sandy beaches, which together with its unique mountainous interior make it a world-renowned destination. Among its treasures, Sardinia hosts more than 7000 Nuragic sites: these extraordinary monuments testify to an ancient, mysterious culture, dating back to the 16th to 15th Centuries B.C. Of these many areas, the Palmavera and Anghelu Ruju complexes in Alghero bear witness to the prehistoric origins of the region, starting in the Neolithic era. Alghero is the island’s main port and one of its most beloved towns for its famous walkway along the port’s bastions, the red roofs looking to the sky, and the wonderful natural bay that dives into the emerald sea.

FREE TIME SUGGESTIONS 

Alghero’s cityscape is famous for its gold-en sea walls, built around the historical centre by the Aragonese family in 15000s. Running from “Piazza Sulis” in the South to “Porta a Mare” and the “Marina” in the North, they’re connected by a pedestrian path that offers a gorgeous view over to Capo Caccia, captured in between blue sky and sea. Restaurants and cafes along the walkway provide the perfect stop to rest and enjoy the atmosphere.

Read more about the amazing study tour!