How to Study Spanish in Barcelona: 3 Steps

Summer Global Internship

If you’re reading this blog post, chances are you’re looking to learn Spanish in Barcelona. Well, you’ve come to the right place! 

Barcelona is the ultimate playground for anyone wanting to learn Spanish like a pro. Whether you’re chatting with locals over churros or picking up slang in a neighborhood café, you’ll be immersed in the Spanish language every day when you study Spanish abroad in Barcelona. 

Ready to explore one of Europe’s coolest cities and add Spanish to your list of languages learned? Fantastic – here’s your 3-step guide to studying Spanish in Barcelona. 

Can I Study Spanish in Barcelona? 

Absolutely! You can study Spanish in Barcelona with CIEE Study Abroad! We offer a range of immersive programs that cater to all levels, whether you’re a beginner or already have some Spanish under your belt. With its rich history and culture, Barcelona is the perfect place for studying abroad in Spanish. You’ll not only learn in the classroom, but also through real-world interactions and cultural excursions. Get ready for an experience that combines education with adventure! 

student abroad spain

Read More: Your Guide to the Ultimate Barcelona Study Abroad Experience 

What are the Best Places to Study Spanish Abroad? 

When it comes to Spanish study abroad, six incredible countries shine as top choices for enhancing your language skills. Whether you're drawn to the history of Mexico, the stunning landscapes of Chile, the pura vida lifestyle of Costa Rica, the lively spirit of the Dominican Republic, the rich heritage of Argentina, or the artistic flair of Spain, there’s a perfect destination for everyone. Each country provides unique opportunities to immerse yourself in the language while experiencing the local customs and traditions firsthand.  

Read More: The 6 Best Places to Learn Spanish Abroad 

3 Steps to Learn Spanish in Barcelona 

Studying Spanish in Barcelona is a lot easier than you think! We've outlined three simple steps to get you on your way to Barcelona in no time! 

Step #1: Explore CIEE Barcelona Programs 

With 12 unique programs to choose from, we offer something for every kind of student looking to study Spanish abroad. The programs we offer in Barcelona are: 

You can earn credits towards your degree and master a new language at the same time! 

Read More: The 8 Best Study Abroad Programs in Barcelona 

Step #2: Pick Your Favorite that Meets Your Needs 

Whether you're looking for a full semester experience or a shorter January or summer program, we have something that fits your schedule and academic goals. Feel free to chat with your academic advisor, your school’s study abroad office, or with a CIEE admissions advisor to help guide you in the right direction. 

students abroad spain torre glories

Step #3: Start Your Application! 

Once you’ve decided which program best suits you and your interests, you can start your application! The application process is simple and straightforward, but if you have any questions along the way, our How to Apply page has all the details to assist you. Remember, we’re here to help every step of the way! 

Barcelona Study Abroad is Calling 

Can you see yourself studying Spanish in Barcelona? We sure can! With every corner offering you a chance to practice your language skills, you’ll be speaking fluent Spanish before you know it!   

Don’t wait – apply to study Spanish in Barcelona today! 

EXPLORE BARCELONA PROGRAMS