Hamburg Visit, Berlin Study Tour

FALL '18 BLOCK III - HAMBURG

As the second-largest city in Germany and the second largest port in all of Europe, Hamburg boasts being “the gateway to the world.” With this in mind, it comes as no surprise that shipping, logistics, manufacturing and business play a central role in the city. Hamburg is also known as the media capital of Germany, with more publishing houses and TV and radio stations than any other city in Germany. Because of these industries, Hamburg has become one of the wealthiest cities in Germany, but still maintains its identity as a down-to-earth harbor city. Offering more than the (in)famous Reeperbahn and the launchpad for The Beatles, this study tour will present you with an introduction to a rich city with many layers to explore. We are sure that you will enjoy exploring the multiple facets this city has to offer and that these days will enhance your academic experience here with CIEE.

FREE TIME SUGGESTIONS 

Millions of people from all over Europe emigrated to the US through Hamburg. Maybe your family was one of them! Check out the exhibits at the BallinStadt Emigration Museum to find out more about who left Hamburg when and why. Been to Ellis Island? This is the German counterpart!

Read more about the amazing study tour!