The Great 8 of Fall 2016

Sustainability + the Environment

Karen Masters

Here are some shout-outs to friends and friendships we've made so far in the Sustainability and the Environment Program.  We have a lot of accomplices in making fun: first and foremost, the Great 8 are Number 1!  Here they are, celebrating Costa Rican Independence Day on Isla Chira in the Gulf of Nicoya, with a little help from Adam and Paola.

Soccer and Sustainability: a match too good to be true. We love all of our soccer soul mates - young and old - from different parts of Costa Rica. They're our accomplices in mud, sweat, and tears (of joy).

Soccer soul mates of Santa Elena Soccer soul mates from Ceibo

We got to make friends with some super cute kids in the town of Ceibo, who asked us tough questions before taking us on a fun run through town together.

Awaiting the hard-hitting interview questions from 1st graders. A dash through Ceibo, Costa Rica, the town with only one road

At the indigenous town of Boruca, friends and our homestay families there helped us to throw a surprise birthday party for Sydney. There was a hike to a waterfall with Ulises and a party at the conical house that he built.

Last but for-SURE-not-least, the guy who supplies a lot of fun and photos, too: Trevor Ritland! We love all that you do to get that shot. Thanks, Trev, for giving us material for this post and many others!!  

That's Trevor and what he loves most: his camera and rock walls.