False Bay, Cape Town Study Tour

Open Campus Block

Multi-day tours, designed to complement your academics and enhance your cultural immersion, are included in all of CIEE’s Open Campus Block programs!

FALL '18 BLOCK II - FALSE BAY

Affectionately known by residents as the “Deep South” and renowned for its raw beauty, interesting shops, vast selection of restaurants, and stunning views, the False Bay region is the perfect area for you to engage with and learn about some of the aspects that make Cape Town a unique classroom. It has incredible historical villages, beautiful scenery and nature, and some of the best beaches in Cape Town. The bulk of the development in the area is residential and all the areas of False Bay offer a sense of community. You will have an opportunity to immerse yourself in the lifestyle that is described by many as slow and relaxed. Although urban development of the coast is intense along some parts of False Bay, much of the shoreline remains relatively wild and unspoiled - there is little heavy industry. One exception to this is the largest dynamite factory in the world, which used to lie near the beach towards the wild and uninhabited eastern end of the bay. False Bay has remarkably few natural harbours; almost all protection for shipping and yachts has been created by artificial means.

FREE TIME SUGGESTIONS ​

With an amazing view of Muizenberg beach, Knead Factory serves upmarket deli meals with style. Knead serves a mean coffee with a great menu to boot and is a busy meeting place, especially on sunny week-ends. A full bakery with hot artisan breads baked on site, confectionery, coffee shop, cafe-style light meals and delicious pizzas from a woodfired oven.

Read more about the amazing study tour!