$1,500 Grant for All Qualified Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship Applicants

Communications

CIEE and the Penn Center for Minority Serving Institutions (CMSI) are currently accepting applications for the 2019 Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship, named in honor of the African-American social reformer, abolitionist, and international statesman Frederick Douglass. The prestigious award is bestowed each year on 10 outstanding freshmen and sophomores from Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs). It covers all fees and travel costs of participation in a four-week experiential education program designed to provide a global perspective and strengthen the leadership and intercultural communication skills of each participant.

New this year, all qualified students who apply, but are not selected for the Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship, will be awarded a $1,500 grant that can be applied to select CIEE summer programs in Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Cape Town, Paris, and Shanghai.

The deadline for students from MSIs to apply is February 14, which is Frederick Douglass’ adopted birthday. Details on the program, eligibility requirements, and the application process can be found here.

The Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship is a product of a partnership between the CIEE and the Penn Center for Minority Serving Institutions (CMSI) created to increase access to study abroad opportunities for MSI students.