Yixin 16M China

Host Families

Introduction Message:

I am a 15 years old boy from China. I am optimistic and I am easy to make friends. I am friendly. I love bicycling or playing basketball with my classmates during the weekends or vacations. I can swim too. Golf is one of my favorite sports, I usually enjoy the golf time on holidays with a best score of 79. I like to eat meat, but the seafood not acceptable. I can cook some Chinese dishes and I look forward to cooking some for you to try.

Interests:

• Bicycling
  • Golf
  • Basketball
  • Swimming
  • Football

Host Family Letter:

Dear host family,

Thank you so much for hosting me in your family in the coming year. As an exchange student, I hope I can obtain more knowledge about the US and west culture. Of course that is under your help and support. I believe that we can get along with each other through the whole program time.

I think I’m optimistic. I used to cycle or play basketball with my classmates during the weekends or vacations. My family usually go on trips for relaxation and fun. I love to play golf there and I can get a score of 79. I am easy to making friends and friendly . I am not a native English speaker, so at first it maybe difficult to communicate with me. But after a few days it won't be a problem to be friends.

Let me introduce my family. My mum and my dad are always living with me. My mum works for films and my dad works about stock. I have a sister who is studying in the Spain, she is only 1 year older than me. I have 4 grandparents.

In my daily life I can handle by myself for my own business. At home, I will help with the housework. I can wash my clothes. In addition, I can cook some dishes. If possible, I like to cook some Chinese dishes for you to try. I love meat, but I don't like the seafood, not eating it.

I am lucky that I have the opportunity to participate in the program. I will try my best to integrate to your family harmoniously and I hope we will have a wonderful time together.

Parent Letter:

Dear Host Family, 

Hope this letter finds you well. Thank you for hosting our son in your family. Hope you and him will have a good time.

Our son is quite an honest, independent and happy child. He has always been very enthusiastic about sports. He practiced Teakwando, Swimming, Golf, Surfing, Basketball, Table tennis, Football, Volleyball, etc. We are very happy for all his participation in sports games. He enjoyed playing sports games with students and adults. And he is quite popular with other adult golf players at the golf course.

Our family has 5 members, father, mother, his sister and him. We will spend summer and winter holidays in a southern Island mostly for the air and fresh food. When the kids were young, we used to drive to the island and had a good time visiting scenic spots and ancient relics along the way. 

Within all school subjects, he's interested in Math most. It seems he has his own methods of learning. 

He is responsible for whatever he is interested in. When we were on a trip to Huashan Mountains, which is famous for its steepness, he carried a very big pack which contained a guide-book, a big torch and clothes, umbrellas, just in case for emergency. 

He has studied to cook the food he likes. He can do barbecue, fried rice, fried tomato eggs, cakes. Most of the time, he follows the curfews well. 

Hope that our son can become more mature and stronger under you help and care in the coming year. You are welcomed to visit China and our home. 

USAHSID: DIP24514