Martina 16F Italy

Host Families

Introduction Message:

What about me? Hello! I’m Martina, I’m Italian, I’m sociable with everyone, I’m talkative and warm hearted.

I like studying languages, hanging out with friends and travelling with my family. I love dancing and I started playing dance when I was 5: I’m so passionate. I’m very curious and interested to live a different lifestyle and I can’t wait to be there!

The best thing about life is discovering new places and meet new people, and that's the main reason why I want to study in US.

Interests:

• Films
  • Concerts
  • Dance
  • Travel
  • Museums

Host Family Letter:

Dear future Host Family

My name is Martina, I’m 16 and since I was 12 I started dreaming my exchange year abroad.

I’m attending the third year at the Technical institute for tourism, where I study 3 languages English, Spanish and French and I'd like to continue practice them.

I practice dance modern and ballet, three times a week and also in winter I skii with my family. I love travelling, I took my first plane when I was 1 and I have seen 22 countries and my favourites so far were Thailand, Spain and England.

I love taking care of myself, I eat healthy food and I’m vegetarian.

My favorite season is summer and I prefer the sea than the mountains. 

I’m an extroverted person, I love talking and I don’t like being alone. I love spending time with my friends, we hang out in the town center and I like studying with my classmates in afternoon together. 

I’m cheerful, determined, kind and friendly. 

With this experience I want to get know myself better: my dream is coming true. I’d like to I expect to learn new habits, a different way to study, meet new friends and share host's routine.

In my family we are 4: Me, My mum, My dad and my dog. I’m only child and for this reason I’d like to spend my year abroad with a siblings. I love all animals, expecially dogs but unfortunately I'm allergic to cats.

Thank you for letting me be a part of your family for a little while. I can’t wait to be there! I am looking forward to meeting all of you.

Have a good rest of your week!

Love

Martina

Parent Letter:

Dear Family

First all, my husband and I want to thank you because without your hospitality Martina’s dream to study in US would have been just a dream.

Martina has a good character, she is warm hearted, social and friendly. She has lot of friends and together they love spending time, listening to music, watching tv series.

While I’m writing, in this Saturday evening, Martina and her friends have just finished to study and they’re preparing to go out. I’m earring her music (so loud) they start singing and dancing (all in the bathroom!) Martina loves dancing, she started playing dance when she was 5: she is so passionate! She trains 3 times a week. She also loves travelling, discovering new places, knowing new cultures and visiting museums. We have a tradition during our trips: we send a postcard to grandparents and buy a magnet. In our kitchen there’s a board with our magnets.

Every day we have homemade dinner together and talk about what has happened during the day. After dinner we love staying on the sofa watching TV . Martina doesn’t like staying alone, and I think it could be a little problem for her during the exchange program, but she is strong - willed and able to adapt, we are sure: it all will go well! We know it’ll be a tough and formative experience, but we’re sure this experience can help her to understand which kind of person she likes to become and when she’ll be back, will have tons of stories and experiences to tell.

Best Regards

Silvia & Diego

USAHSID: YOU24530